^_^

Monday, November 24, 2008

Crafting your own or buying it outright?

So I am thinking of whether to chip and upgrade my items on my own, or amass a lot of vis so that I can buy armor that's already made (i.e +7 with 3DR).

Let's start with making my own items.

First, I need to get decent gear, so that I can raid and hopefully get a Le Noir from a monster. This is just an assumption. Or get a recipe from ABS and then craft it.

So suppose I already have an Elite La Ventisca. Do I make it +7 first or do I chip it first with 3DR?

Someone told me, chip it first with 3DR. The rationale, I don't know.

So I will try to chip it. Let's say, I will be spending 10m vis at a time to buy 10 Level 92 enchantment chips.
What if I get only 1DR or 2DR? Then I would probably stop and then sell it to get another La Ventisca.
Or I could be spending a billion vis and still not get 3DR. Or I might get 3DR with no movement speed. (Playing with a slow character is so boring)

Worst case scenario is I have spent 1 billion vis and could have bought something already made instead.

Assume I already have it with 3DR. Now, I +7 it. It takes 20 boosters to +5. And then, to get to +6, I would use a +5 veteran lacquer/impervium. That thing costs about 300m at the least. And I have to sacrifice a few low level equips so that I would bet when the next +5 would be. Suppose I succeed, then great. Suppose I fail, then I just lost 40 boosters and a +5 impervium. I don't know if the 3DR stays.
And then it repeats so that I can get it to +7.

I think it's better to save the vis and just buy something that is already made.
Tradeoff is, though, you're not sure if that +7 armor with 3DR was made legitimately. Who knows, it might have been hacked so that it became +7.
(I don't want to support cheaters by buying the items they made).

Another way I can see is to get a lot of level 100 items and just upgrade them without boosters or imperviums. A lot of them will fail, and then some of them will succeed to +6. But what I want is a +7. I tried getting +7 with level 1 equips, and it's hard to get a +7. It's like one out of 36.

So, maybe, if you can dupe items so that you can get a lot of 100 gear... But then, how can you dupe?

Another option is to buy outright. An Elite Le Noir is 5 billion vis more or less. How much is that in G-Points/Real cash? Let me attempt to calculate it. 70K Gpoints would roughly be equivalent to ... I don't know.

Suppose you buy the vis from RMT websites? guesstimate: 1 billion vis is what, $20?

Ideally, I would spend money to get great gear and then it would pay off because I would be able to get good drops from the monsters.

So how much should I invest? ELN is more than 5 billion vis. I need three since GE plays with 3 characters. That's 15 billion vis...

How much is that in real money?

Now, if I move to SOTNW, the prices there aren't in the billions. But then, I don't know if ELN are available in the marketplace.

Hope: GE will open a new server in December. Will the prices skyrocket too? Or will the prices be like SOTNW?

Look at what has already been done: Vivaldi. It's a new server, and inflation occurred there too.

Look at what I already have. I already have near experts in Rembrandt. So I might as well continue with them...perhaps...

Question: How do I catch up with the best players? One faction will have 600 old chess pieces.

Do I spend my real cash to catch up?




And I foresee that even if I get +7 DR 3 armors and +7 AR 3 weapons, there will come a time that I will still get bored, because that the end of how much I can upgrade things. I could put sockets in them, but I don't know...



Alternative route: maybe I will gain enjoyment by collecting all the characters.

Or I can just train characters from level 1 to vet and then repeat. The thing is though, the time I will spend leveling up a small character could have been spent playing with my high level characters that could have netted me with expensive items coming from the high level maps.

Well, hopefully Dilos Latemn would drop a Sign of Pisces so that it's worthwhile to play in the low level maps.

No comments: