^_^

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Granado Espada Prizes

I'm featured in a web article! Head on over to the article in Granado EspadaGranado Espada Prizes

I recently went to the E-Games office to claim my prize. The E-Games office is located at the 4th Floor of the Podium in the RCBC Tower. It’s a nice building. I met CM Aethrin, DeSanggria and Sonny Carlos, the GE Product Manager. And they congratulated me for winning the Fantazztic Ads Awards. I received a T-Shirt, a small pen connected to a retractable rope, and Granado Espada Red Packets. I gladly accepted them. And then, CM Aethrin suddenly attached a small sticker on the plastic bag of the T-Shirt. It was code for a Christatus! I was delighted. DeSanggria interviewed me, and I tried my best to honestly answer the questions. I’m not used to being interviewed, and with the spotlight on me, I just answered the best way I can. I can remember some of the questions, but I have to rephrase them in my own words. Some of the questions were: who among the other contestants did you think was your competition? So I answered the previous winners. The Reclusion team, DeSanggria added. I said that they have a reputation already of making great videos, so it’s like there is pressure on their part. What I meant was, it’s like defending their title. Going back to the question, who I thought was my competition, I also answered Tokoyoshi, because he is already an established video maker. Another question was, which among the ads aside from mine did I think was great. I said there were too many, and pinpointing on just one was difficult. After much thought, I agreed when DeSanggria mentioned Tokoyoshi’s Blood Donation ad with Catherine saying “Are you Pregnant?” That was funny. Then I was also asked, among my ads, which is my favorite, aside from those which won. I said, the Play Like a Monster. At the interview, what I wanted to convey was that it wasn’t finished, because it’s hard to capture the monsters in Fraps. And I would have liked to have featured more of the unique monsters in Granado Espada. I said there are some funny monsters in GE, like the Pink Lips in Bahamas, or the gorilla with a dandelion on his face. I thought those monsters have a comedic touch to them, but they’re also monsters that can kill my characters. And then there was also a conversation about how I made a lot of videos, and how did I get the ideas to make the ads. I thought, I made a lot of videos because it’s my chance to learn how to use the programs, and at the same time, maybe get something. And I didn’t know much when I first started making videos. So it’s like I’m practicing making videos. I would proceed with one ad, and then finish it, and then move on to the next. What I wanted to say was, it’s like art. You can practice drawing, and then you draw some more, and eventually you’ll get better at drawing. I also said I just make the ads for fun, and then when I was having a hard time explaining, CM Aethrin added that it’s the passion. That’s the right word to describe it, the passion. If I may explain it further here, my purpose was to have fun making the ads. So I didn’t worry if maybe what I did was too unconventional or too weird. I just wanted to have fun. As for the ideas, I didn’t come up with the ideas instantly. Sometimes, I would leave ads unfinished, and then a few days later, I would suddenly get an idea of how to finish it. Another question was if I would do more ads or videos, will it still be advertisments. I said something similar to: if it’s fun, I’ll do it. I said it may not be advertisements anymore, but it’s going to be using GE as a way of saying thank you. I didn’t want to limit myself to just doing ads. Although, come to think of it, making ads are easier because they are shorter. And by the looks of things, making ads are definitely fun J

And then we proceeded to the photo shoot. It was simple. They asked me to bring beach wear, and I did. It was silly and fun to do, so I did it. They gave me a boarding pass, and on it, it said Pattaya, Thailand. That’s when I finally realized, I am really going there. It seemed unreal before that. I knew I was going, but the realization really sinked in when they gave me the envelope containing the documents for the trip. I was given the e-ticket, and the instructions for the transportation from the airport to Pattaya. I also recieved the document that I need to show at the Adfest. I’m really going to Thailand ^_^

No comments: