^_^

Friday, September 19, 2008

It's just a ploy to keep players playing

Free AT passes and FT passes, I feel like it's just a ploy to keep players playing and to get inactive players to log-in again to get the free stuff.

I don't really want an AT or FT pass. I play wherever I want to play, not in some crowded place where it's not fun to play in because it's always so hectic in there, always have to press the keyboard or else my characters will die.

And the way that servers have problems often, it's unheard of. This is the age of the internet, where downtime means penalty to the provider who doesn't deliver. The only reason I can think of why the servers are off often is because maybe the savings are really high if the servers are down. Players get wasted premium items, so they spend more than they would have if their premium items were not wasted, and then the servers are off, which means the electricity bill won't be as high. Maybe internet bandwidth is expensive too. One day of no service means big savings.

There must be a threshold that indicates when the servers will be shut down. I imagine it to be about the income. If it reaches a low level, then servers get shut off. And the way that this happens periodically, it must be timed so that players don't notice that it's habitual. Old players have left already, thus the new players would be less wary and believe that the cause of the downtime truly is an accident.

I've been wanting to play again but the server problems reminded me why I shouldn't go back. They are in control of everything. It'll be just a waste of my effort because the Granado Espada world is under their control. Just like how they can control how many top loot the Adelina's Booty Search can give. They control how often the good items will drop in the game. If you constantly pick up all the items from the monsters, you'll get lame stuff, even after hours of playing. But just leave the computer to go to the bathroom, and that's when the good item drops.

It's bullshit. I hate saying that, but that's what it is. Deceitful.

If I ever play again, it's not because I want my characters to be stronger, it would be because I enjoy playing the game.

I think what they learned from the Adelina's Booty Search is giving more of the top loot doesn't make players spend more real money to buy G-Points. Because once you get a top loot, you can just sell it to get vis, as opposed to buying G-Points to buy premium items to sell for vis. So maybe that's why Elite 84 armors were put in ABS.

I'm not expecting Le Blancs to go back nor the top loot to get better. They'll probably put more things in there to make you keep playing.

Saw a lot of asian tourists in downtown the other day. They looked like maybe Singaporean or maybe Japanese or Malaysian. Or maybe Chinese, or from Hong Kong...

No comments: